Thursday, June 4, 2009

Noodles!

January 16, 2007,
January 28, 2007,
January 21, 2009.

All of my previous posts were written in January. The first month of a year; one would put-in conscious effort to work-out-the-resolutions before setting it aside as a resolution for the next year. But that had not been the reason with me. In fact, I did not have any; it has just been a coincidence! Nevertheless, I’m going to break the jinx this time. I don’t want to wait until next Jan.

Recently, I had to try a hand a cooking. I was put up in an apartment in Tokyo for sometime. “Either I prepare my food, or I will have to give in to Japanese dishes!” I’d planned to try out at least a few simple recipes; I came all prepared, after all! Sure enough, it won’t take long to develop a liking for Japanese food after tasting my dishes!! :-)

Day 1, 7:30 am:
After pressing ‘snooze’ button the umpteenth time, I managed to wake up. It’s really late! I don’t have enough time to prepare anything other than noodles. At least, my food will be ready in 2 minutes!!! I can’t prepare anything else so quickly.

Anyways, I started with a black-tea. Thank God, I had some teabags! :-) I kept water to boil, caught hold of one of the noodle packets and started reading the instructions upfront (Needless to say, that was my first attempt with noodles as well :-) ). I finished my tea quickly and started with morning chores.

8:15 am:
There! I open the first packet of noodles. I follow every bit of instruction printed and wait for it to be ready. It seems to take much longer than expected. I realize that I’d added almost double the quantity of water than the proportion needed. The eternal wait continued, until I completed preparing my 2-minutes noodles in 20-minutes!

Not bad, I thought, I still ended up with something edible! Two-minutes would be under test/ideal conditions; you hardly expect such performance real-time, the software engineer in me consoled! :-)

PS: Contrary to my announcement in the previous post to key-in reminiscence of 2008, I've posted a different recipe now! ;-)

2 comments:

Jackfruit said...

may I ask what is the motivation.. :D:P.... any way welcome back once again... !!!!

maneesh said...

i am the motivation!!! ;-)
honestly, there is no separate motivating factor as such. at times, when am on an emotional high/low/medium, some things just follow...(& some things doesn't happen also) thats all! ;-)
btw, did you mean the motivation to come back, in general, or the motivation to write this particular anecdote?