Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Sassy Girl




Last Saturday, when switching channels, I came across this movie in Star Movies - My Sassy Girl, a romantic comedy movie. It’s bloody good!!! I fall in the category of people who have watched very few English films. If someone asks me which my favorite English movie is, all I need to do is to choose between Titanic and The Jurassic Park. I find it painfully difficult to follow when there is limited lip-movement (Does that take so much effort to move your lips apart and talk more clearly?). Now that most of the English movie channels provide ‘English’ subtitles, it is a lot easier for lesser mortals like me! At least it encourages me to watch English movies without the natural feeling to gaze away from those channels.

Back to the topic! I liked the movie a lot. I even watched it when it was telecast again at 1.00 am the following day. Later, I came to know that the English movie (starring Elisha Cuthbert & Jesse Bradford) was a remake of a South Korean movie. (I’ve to watch that one!) I also hear that the Hindi movie ‘Ugly Aur Pagli’ is its Bollywood adaptation (Don’t know how far it is correct).

The movie had lot of interesting, catchy dialogues. A few of them as I remember; (the wordings might not be exact though):

“Sometimes you choose a relationship, sometimes they choose you.”

“Destiny is to build a bridge to the one you love.”

(And this is the best!)

“Once in your life, if you are lucky, you will meet someone who divides time; the time before you met her, and the time afterwards.”

Sometimes, movies reflect life; sometimes, life itself seem to be a reflection of movies.

So when am I going to meet “my sassy girl”? Or, will I ever get to meet her? (even a not-so-sassy girl would be delighting!)

No, I suppose...

Picture courtesy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Sassy_Girl_%282008_film%29




5 comments:

Jackfruit said...

oh my god ... I thought you did not believe in monopoly... anyway no comments ... najan ithinu comment cheythal sheri aavilla...
Anyway veetil pennu alochana thudagiyo... is that the motivation behind this blog.. :D:D ...
I am going to see that movie... :D:P

maneesh said...

monopoly ennu parayumbol? enikku manassilaayillaa.. :) pinne comments eethayalum porattee.. veettil pennaalochana onnum thudangiyilla.. just that the movie "touched" me... ;-P thats the motivation... we get to see a little bit of ourselves here and there.. athra thannee.. :P
watch the movie... its really good! :):)

Stupid Cow said...

i liked the last sentence, not-so-sassy girl would also be fine. Well, it's any ordinary girl who turns into your one & only sassy girl. Good luck !!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

[i]keep up the good work[/i]